It’s not about deprivation, as this Burrito Recipe shows. I love a good burrito! If you want to get serious about your health, check out my Online Nutrition Programs (this recipe is from the NEW YOU Program) or reach out to me for one-on-one private coaching. Let me show you how healthy isn’t about fad diets or deprivation.
I Got Your Back
If You Want To:
- Look and Feel Amazing
- Experience feeling fulfilled, satiated, and nourished while losing those clingy pounds
- Have stable moods and long-lasting energy
- And confidence and empowerment from fitting your favorite jeans once again
- Knowing that you are making the right choices for your health and wellness.
As a professional registered nutritionist, I work on supporting your health, addressing the cause of your symptoms. With food, supplements, and lifestyle changes we can re-establish foundational health and function which can in turn, reduce and/or eliminate the symptoms you are experiencing and change your health. The kind of change you want is possible.
The New You Program Burrito Recipe
Black Bean Sweet Potato Burrito
- Baking sheet
- 2 large sweet potatoes chopped into cubes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil divided
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 large bell pepper chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 15- ounce cans black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 gluten-free tortillas warmed (alternatives, lettuce/collard wraps)
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 4 plum tomatoes chopped
- 2 avocados sliced
- ¼ cup feta cheese organic (optional)
- 2 limes quartered
- PREHEAT OVEN. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- ROAST SWEET POTATOES. Add chopped sweet potatoes to a large bowl. Coat with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Layer onto a baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes until fully cooked. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- SAUTÉ BLACK BEAN MIXTURE. While the sweet potatoes are baking, place a large pan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Add onion and bell pepper. Sauté for about 3 minutes, then add garlic. Sauté for an additional 3 minutes, then add black beans and cumin. Mix well and let the mixture warm up for about 5 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- ASSEMBLE BURRITOS. To serve, place warm tortillas on a flat surface. Fill with baked sweet potatoes, black beans, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, feta cheese, and a squeeze of lime juice. Roll like a burrito and serve.