Happy Valentines with a Valentines chocolate recipe! Like many holidays we celebrate, it typically revolves around food and sweets. Special Valentine dinners, flowers & heart shaped boxes of chocolate are in high demand on Feb 14th.
As a Registered Nutritionist, I will obviously recommend for you to stay away from the processed sugar. But I also never want you to feel deprived. and to be honest, life should be enjoyable. I get it! LOL
Valentines Chocolate Recipe
Have no fear, here is a decadent chocolate treat you and your sweetheart will love.
Dark Chocolate Love Bites
- 100 grams Dark Chocolate at least 80% however 100% preferred
- ¼ cup Pomegranate Seeds
- ¼ cup Slivered Almonds
- Fill one large pot with water and place a smaller pot inside. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Ensure no water is able to get in the smaller pot.
- Add the dark chocolate into the smaller pot and stir continuously until melted.
- Spread a large piece of wax paper across your counter. Dollop a heaping teaspoon of melted chocolate onto the wax paper so it forms a circle. Repeat until all chocolate has been used up. OR poor the entire batch into a large rectangle for chocolate bark. Immediately place 4 or 5 pomegranate seeds in the center of each chocolate and then surround with slivered almonds.
- Let the chocolate cool for 1 hour before peeling off of the wax paper. Arrange on a decorative plate or store in a mason jar. Enjoy!
Nourish & Live A Vital Life
… and reclaim your health. Join the Simply Nutritious Program for a simple, natural, no-nonsense holistic approach. Vitality, Radiance & Longevity. Join the movement, join Simply Nutritious.
Have Questions? Contact me to set up a free strategy call to learn how I can help support your health and wellness goals. And don’t forget to follow me on Facebook & Instagram.