Now that temperatures are more seasonal, I am warming up with soups and stews. Using my slow cooker allows me to have meals ready on time for family dinners and it is also easy going on prep time too. I toss everything in the crockpot first thing in the morning, turn it on and walk away… and THAT IS IT. The aromas that fill the house are divine and gets everyone excited about dinner. Easily make some cauliflower rice and this dinner is done!
Red meat is very warming so when temperatures are cold it’s a good time to include it in your meal plans. When shopping for red meat, however, quality is important here. Look for animals raised for the purpose of providing certified organic meats. These animals are not allowed to eat any food which has been treated with synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, sewage sludge or radiation. Their food sources cannot contain any preservatives, additives or GMO’s. The best of the best is meat which comes from animals raised on a diet consisting of their natural foods.
A cow which is fed its natural diet of grasses and other green leafy plants has a near base pH7 digestive solution. This diet of green plants is a great source of Omega 3. This in combination with the base digestive solution produces high levels of Omega-3 and CLA and very little Omega-6. This is very good. Research has found that dairy products and meat from grass-fed cattle can have CLA levels at 30% to 50% higher than those of cattle fed a diet of primarily corn and grain. As we know:
- Omega-3s Can Fight Depression and Anxiety
- Omega-3s Can Improve Eye Health
- Omega-3s Can Promote Brain Health During Pregnancy and Early Life
- Omega-3s Can Improve Risk Factors for Heart Disease
- Omega-3s Can Reduce Symptoms of ADHD in Children
- Omega-3s Can Reduce Symptoms of Metabolic Syndrome
My tips with this recipe, cook in BULK!! 🙂 it goes fast LOL
|Prep Time||20 Minutes|
|Cook Time||4 Hours|
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 lbs Stewing Beef sliced into bite-size pieces or a roast
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 cups Carrots
- 1 Sweet Onion diced
- 2 1/2 cups Mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup Beef Broth
- 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 cup Arrowroot Flour
- Place all the ingredients except the arrowroot flour in the slow cooker and mix well. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours, or until beef is tender.
- Remove the lid and stir in arrowroot flour, 1 tbsp at a time, until you get your desired consistency.
- Serve in a bowl and enjoy!! 🙂
Serve With - Cauliflower rice or your favourite squash.
Leftovers - Store in the fridge up to 3 days or freeze. (make more than you need)
More Carbs - Serve it with roasted potatoes, sweet potatoes, brown rice or quinoa.
Add Greens - Stir in chopped kale or baby spinach just before serving.