Curried Kale and Quinoa Stir Fry Recipe
I’m loving this kale recipe. I make a large batch and eat throughout the week to support my immune system.
Vitamin C helps reduce common cold symptoms, shorten the duration and severity of those symptoms. It contributes to immune defense by supporting various cellular functions, which can help protect our bodies. Vitamin C can be found in many fresh fruits and vegetables This Kake Stir Fry is full of Vitamin C with approximately 170g.
|Prep Time||15 Minutes|
- 1/2 cup Quinoa uncooked
- 3/4 cup Water
- 2 Egg whisked
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper thinly sliced
- 4 stalks Green Onion chopped
- 2 Garlic (cloves minced)
- 8 cups Kale Leaves chopped
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp Tamari
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tbsp Curry powder
- 1 Lime cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup Raw Peanuts chopped
- Combine quinoa and water in a saucepan. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Let simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add a splash of oil to make it non-stick and scramble your eggs. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Place the skillet back over medium heat and add the coconut oil. Add the yellow pepper and green onion. Saute until vegetables are tender (about 4 - 5 minutes).
- Add in the garlic. Saute for another minute then add the kale, sea salt, tamari, chili flakes and curry powder. Stir for about 2 minutes or just until the kale is wilted. Turn off the heat.
- Add in the eggs and cooked quinoa. Stir well to combine. Divide the stir fry onto plates and top with chopped peanuts. Squeeze a lime wedge over top. Enjoy!
- Extra Garnish - Serve with hot sauce and chopped cilantro for an added touch.
- Leftovers - Store covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.