It’s one of my favorite combinations, coconut, and pineapple… and ok, maybe also with a bit of rum on a hot summer evening. Pina Coladas were a popular beverage in the family so when I decided to introduce the smoothie version, it got rave reviews.
Some love this recipe with coconut milk, others prefer something lighter like oat milk. However you put this masterpiece together, you’ll love how refreshing it can be. Add in some easily dissolvable collagen and you have just ramped up this smoothie to support hair, skin, and nails. And who doesn’t want healthy age-defying skin and healthy full hair? I know I do.
I’m in my mid-40s… and with that comes a lot of changes to my body… and my hair, one of them. What seemed to be a season shedding turned into months of shedding… and wouldn’t you know it… I was thinning out. YIKES… for a woman who had lots and I mean lots of hair ( ask my stylist ) I never thought I would lose enough hair to consider my hair to be thin.
The best strategy for improving the health of our hair ( along with skin and nails ) is to support foundational health. My three rules when it comes to how I look are:
- What an I eating ( and not eating)?
- What is going on with my life ( yea I’m talking about stress and lifestyle habits ) ?
- How am I treating my hair on the outside. ( yup, the last piece of the puzzle is product ) ?
Try out this smoothie and invest in a great collagen. You can order it online here.
Love this recipe and want more? I offer personalized monthly meal planning… get signed up today.
Nourish & Live A Vital, Youthful Life
… and reclaim your health. Join the Simply Nutritious Program for a simple, natural, no-nonsense holistic approach. Vitality, Radiance & Longevity. Join the movement, join Simply Nutritious.
Have Questions? Contact me to set up a free strategy call to learn how I can help support your health and wellness goals. And don’t forget to follow me on Facebook & Instagram.
Pina Colada Smoothie
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- ½ frozen sliced banana
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 scoop plant-based or collagen protein powder
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender.
- Blend until smooth, then enjoy.
- No coconut milk: Use any non-dairy milk like oat or cashew milk
- For an alcoholic drink: Try Jamaican Coconut Rum