Who doesn’t love a good cookie? I have recently been exploring (and enjoying) more local cookie shops in my community. We have so many local bakers who use whole-food ingredients, without any additives or preservatives and bake some incredible cookie delights. But I do love to create and bake at home as it allows me to be able to control the level of sweetness.. which is very helpful for the low-sugar gal. Plus I can add in ingredients that will support my health and goals. This is where I shock you yet again and tell you that a cookie… can be healthy AND STILL DELICIOUS.
A Protein Cookie – without the sugar or the guilt
If you follow me and/or have worked with me, you know I’m all about taking the things we love and transforming them into healthier options so we can still enjoy the ‘good things’ in life. Deprivation stems from holding back something we “crave’. Part of my job is to help alleviate that ‘craving’ but to also give you plenty of options that you can still enjoy, even in a healthy eating lifestyle. A protein cookie does just that. With no added sugar and a boost of an essential macronutrient, protein, we have a cookie you can enjoy and FEEL GOOD ABOUT, even at breakfast (no guilt included).
Cranberry Protein Cookie Recipe
- 1 Banana mashed
- 1/4 cup Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 cup Oats
- 1 cup Almond Butter
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Dried Unsweetened Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (177ºC).
- Mash bananas in a bowl with a fork. Add protein powder and mix well. Mix in the oats, almond butter, cinnamon and dried cranberries.
- Roll into balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Press down gently with a fork to flatten. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!
- Serving Size – One serving is equal to one cookie.
- Leftovers – Store in the fridge for up to four days or in the freezer for up to three months.
Nourish & Live A Vital Life
Is it time to reclaim your health? Book your first session with me! Let’s work together to naturally support your health with a functional-health approach utilizing holistic nutrition and healthy lifestyle habits.