It’s that time of year where many find themselves baking more and adding in the indulgence of chocolate. I for one love the chocolate/mint combo, especially during the Xmas season. So if you are like me, you are going to love this chocolate mint recipe.
As you know, I 100% love chocolate, read up on why in my post, A Balanced Diet Is A Chocolate In Both Hands.
Can a dessert be a healthy snack? ABSOLUTELY YES IT CAN. Check out this chocolate mint recipe. These energy balls are great for a mid-afternoon boost and/or a decadent dessert during the holidays.
Double Chocolate Mint Energy Balls
- Food Processor
- 1/2 Cup Pitted Dates
- 1/2 Cup Almonds raw
- 2 tbsp. Cacao Powder unsweetened
- 1 tbsp. Cacao Nibs unsweetened
- 1/8 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Peppermint Extract
- 1 tbsp. Water
- Add the dates, almonds, cacao powder, cacao nibs, sea salt, and peppermint extract to the bowl of a food processor.
- While the food processor is running add in the water.
- Run the food processor until the date mixture forms a ball.
- Form the mixture into small balls with your hands and enjoy!
- More protein – add in your favourite protein powder ( + a little more water)
We all love some chocolaty pleasure every now and then, and now you don’t even have to feel guilty about it. Download this FREE eBook to learn the health benefits of chocolate and try 1 or all 5 of these delicious chocolate recipes.