There is this incredible freshness with lime and mint which makes the Mojito recipe a popular, frequently-asked-for drink. No matter how you serve this drink, with or without alcohol, with or without sweetener, that freshness of the lime & mint is unmistakable…. and health supporting!!
I love summer days, and naturally flavoring fresh filtered water and sparking water is always my go to. The biggest reason is because I can control what I’m drinking i.e. no artificial flavors, preservatives, sugar or sweeteners.
3 Benefits of Infused Water
- Infused water uses a lot of types of fruit that contain heavy doses of antioxidants. Beyond being very tasty and great for your general health, these antioxidants can help you to fight the effects of human oxidation, which causes aging and lots of other negative effects. Antioxidants can also fight the free radicals that can contribute to the conditions needed to make cancer a possible outcome.
- Kidney stones can be continuous problem for some people. One way to help prevent them is by drinking infused water. This works because the acids contained in a large portion of fruit can prevent the formation of the stones and keep you from ever having to deal with them at all.
- Drinking water should be a major portion of what people ingest in a day, but that isn’t always the case. Depending on local culture, some people will lean more towards store bought and manufactured choices of hydration. Not only are these forms of hydration far less healthy, they are normally far less effective at delivering the appropriate amount of water that the body needs, because water is a basic need for the human body like oxygen. There is no complete substitute. Drinking infused water will give you nutrients, and hydration that will help your body to feel more healthy and ready to perform the complex tasks that it needs to function properly.
Virgin Mojito Recipe
- 1/2 cup Mint Leaves
- 15 Ice Cubes
- 2 tbsps. Lime Juice
- 1.2 liters Soda/Sparkling Water
- 2 tbsps. Maple Syrup optional & to taste
- Add all of the ingredients into a pitcher, adding the soda/sparkling water last. Gently stir until everything is mixed well.
- Divide between glasses and enjoy!
- Leftovers – Refrigerate in the pitcher with a lid for up to two days. To ensure a fizzy drink, add more soda/sparkling water just before serving.
- More Flavor – Muddle the mint before adding the rest of the ingredients into the pitcher. Add frozen fruit to the glasses as ice cubes.
- Optional Alcohol – 1 to 2oz of rum per serving
- Less Sweet – Reduce/Omit the maple syrup
Nourish & Live A Vital Life
Is it time to reclaim your health? Book your first session with me! Let’s work together to naturally support your health with a functional-health approach utilizing holistic nutrition and healthy lifestyle habits.