Not many believe me when I tell them that they are eating blended avocado. Avocado is so creamy in texture, it makes the perfect base for a decadent and luscious pudding. Trust me when I say, even if you don’t like avocado, you will still love this amazingly delicious and nutritious chocolate avocado pudding dessert.
Why Do I Love Avocados So Much
- Plenty of Potassium – this mineral helps regulare nerve function, move nutrients into ceslls and works to combat high blood pressure
- Lots monounsaturated fats – the fat that lowers LDL cholesterol without affecting the good HDL cholesterol
- High in Fiber – Foods with more fiber tend to keep you satiated longer than low-fiber foods do, which makes avocados a great choice for weight management.
- Filled with Folate – folate is a b vitamin that is important for proper bain function & healthy pregnancies.
When it comes down to it, avocados are a great source of nutrients. What I love about this chocolate avocado pudding recipe is we’re combining a nutritious fruit (yes, avocados are a fruit) with another great love of mine, chocolate… making this one of my favorite dessert recipes to date.
Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- 2 Avocado
- 1/2 cup Pitted Dates chopped, soaked and drained
- 2 tbsps Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Plain Coconut Milk from the carton
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- Add the avocado, soaked dates and maple syrup to the food processor and pulse to combine. Add the coconut milk and blend until the avocado mixture is smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the cocoa powder and blend again until combined.
- Serve chilled. Enjoy!
- Leftovers – Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to two days.
- Serving Size -One serving is approximately 1/2 cup of pudding.
- More Flavor – Add vanilla extract. Adjust maple syrup to taste for a sweeter pudding.
- Additional Toppings =Fresh berries or toasted coconut.
- Dates – Medjool dates were used to create this recipe.
- No Coconut Milk – Use another non-dairy or dairy milk instead.
- No Food Processor – Use a blender instead.
Nourish & Live A Vital Life
Is it time to reclaim your health? Book your first session with me! Let’s work together to naturally support your health with a functional-health approach utilizing holistic nutrition and healthy lifestyle habits.
Have Questions? Contact me to learn how I can help support your health and wellness goals. And then don’t forget to follow me on Facebook & Instagram for more health tips, strategies & recipes.