How we nourish the insides reflects on the outside. It is our goal to increase our health-span to match our life-span. Yes I’m talking about anti-aging and living a longer younger life. What we eat and how we nourish our body has a profound impact on our homeostasis, in other words, it affects how our body functions… including how we age.
If that beautiful balance is shifted or disrupted and homeostasis cannot be maintained, the results may not allow for normal body function. Negative symptoms begin to present, leaving room for disease, poor health, and advanced aging. One of the biggest contributing factors to maintain the delicate balance, nutrition.
Butternut squash is full of antioxidants & vitamins
Butternut squash is an excellent source of fiber. It includes vitamins A, C, E, and B vitamins along with minerals such as calcium, magnesium, and zinc. If you are looking for an anti-aging secret, you found one. Nourishing your body from the inside out will restore that beautiful GLOW.
Nourish & Live a Vital Life
… and reclaim your health. Join the Simply Nutritious Program for a simple, natural, no-nonsense holistic approach.
Have Questions? Contact me to set up a free strategy call to learn how I can help support your health and wellness goals.
Butternut Bliss Salad
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups chopped butternut squash
- 2 scallions sliced
- 1 pear cored and chopped
- 1 15- ounce BPA-free can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 cups mixed greens
- ½ cup parsley chopped
- ½ cup pecans OR pumpkin seeds
- 1 avocado chopped
- Add coconut oil to a medium skillet pot over medium heat. When hot, add squash, scallions, pear, and beans.
- Sauté for 10 minutes or until squash is cooked through and golden brown.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Serve mixture over mixed greens, then top with parsley, pecans/pumpkin seeds, avocado, and chopped sauteed chicken breasts if desired.
- Omnivore Option: chopped Sautéed Chicken Breasts