Christmas is just days away, and the xmas parties are in full swing! Are you still scrambling for a crowd pleasing dish to bring to your Christmas party this weekend? I got you covered. Did someone whisper, Jalapeño popper?
We are in full holiday swing over here and I am getting ready to host my own xmas shindig. I realize this might be a spoiler, but I’m putting out a spread of Jalapeño Poppers. For one, who doesn’t love a popper? And two; who doesn’t love goat cheese?
If you can tolerate a little cheese (vegan substitute available) in your diet plus a punch of heat, this recipe will please your palate and the crowd.
3 ingredients, 30 mins of prep, and you are good to go! PLUS you WILL get rave reviews from guests because YOU brought POPPERS!! Low in carbs, great for my keto friends.
Jalapeno peppers have some amazing dietary benefits including:
- Jalapeños are low in calories and a good source of fiber, vitamin C and vitamin B6. They also contain a compound called capsaicin, which gives them their spice.
- Research suggests that jalapeños and other spicy peppers may promote weight loss by boosting metabolism, increasing fat burn and reducing appetite.
- Lab studies have shown that capsaicin has strong anti-cancer properties and is capable of killing over 40 types of cancer cells without harming normal cells.
- Capsaicin is an effective pain reliever when used externally.
- While some believe that spicy foods can aggravate stomach ulcers, research suggests that capsaicin may protect the stomach from ulcers.
- Jalapeños and other spicy chilis contain compounds that can prevent the growth of harmful bacteria and yeasts that cause infectious diseases.
- Capsaicin and chili peppers have beneficial effects on blood sugars, cholesterol and blood pressure, but more human research is needed.
Goat cheese is a healthier choice than cow cheese. It’s benefits include:
- Lower sodium levels.
- Different variant of casein (A2 beta-casein), along with higher calcium (251 mg per ounce), which can protect you from diabetes and increase insulin sensitivity.
- Rich in vitamins A, K, riboflavin, folate, and niacin, which maintain bone and exoskeleton health and assist in the synthesis of red blood cells (RBCs) and blood clotting.
- Contains trace elements (minerals), such as phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, iron, and copper. All of these ensure the smooth functioning of enzymatic processes and synthesis and activation of these enzymes, hormones, and other co factors.
What About Dessert?
If a dessert is more your thing to bring to an xmas party, download my Free Holiday Recipe Collection, with over 20 recipes, guests will be loving any of the decadent desserts you make. Chocolate Truffles have always been a hit, just saying.
Enjoy the festivities this weekend!