If you have invited me over for an event/party, then you likely have asked me to bring my famous guacamole. And the reason why is because it’s so darn delicious.
This guacamole recipe has been in my family for 19 years, come this New Years Eve. The only change we have made to it was switching from peeling/seeding tomatoes to dicing plum/cherry tomatoes (so much easier).
This year, my guacamole is making another Xmas eve appearance, and come to New Year there will be an encore. If your party planning is in full swing as we prepare to ring in the new year, this dish will complement your meal and definitely impress your guests. Enjoy!!
Health Benefits of Avocados
- Avocados are very high in potassium, which supports healthy blood pressure levels.
- Avocado oil and avocados are high in monounsaturated oleic acid, a heart-healthy fatty acid.
- Avocados are rich in fiber which may have important benefits for weight loss and metabolic health.
- Numerous studies have shown that eating avocado can improve heart disease risk factors like total, “bad” LDL and “good” HDL cholesterol, as well as blood triglycerides.
- Studies have shown that eating avocado or avocado oil with vegetables can dramatically increase the number of antioxidants you take in.
- Avocados are high in antioxidants, including lutein and zeaxanthin. These nutrients are very important for eye health and lower your risk of macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Studies have shown that avocado oil extracts can significantly reduce symptoms of osteoarthritis.
- Avocados may aid weight loss by keeping you full longer and making you eat fewer calories. They’re also high in fiber and low in carbs, which may promote weight loss.
Nicole's Famous Guacamole
Nicole's famous guacamole recipe. She has been making this recipe for over 20 years. The secret is the lemon juice onion mixture. Dig in!
In a small bowl, mix lemon juice and onions.
In a small bowl, prepare tomatoes and cilantro. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, mash avocado with a fork until soft with some bit sized avocado pieces.
Add to the avocado the hot pepper sauce, cumin, garlic, salt and onion/lemon mix. Combine.
Gently mix in tomatoes and cilantro.
Chill then serve with your favourite organic corn chips or veggie sticks.