All Hallows Eve
Halloween is upon us. I tend to get a little “crazy” with dressing up and decorating the house. But this year is a little different so pulling things back a bit. Whether you are trick-or-treating or staying in, everyone can benefit from a decadent treat to celebrate ALL THINGS HALLOW… I introduce you to Chocolate Tahini Cups.
Candy, Chocolate And Chips, OH MY.
With our homes now filled with oodles of bite-sized mini treats, staying focused on our nutrition plan can be challenging. Here are some not so fun facts about those delicious minis wrapped morsels + a delicious recipe below.
Did You Know?
- Just two of those fun-sized candy bars contain a whopping 21g or more of highly refined, processed sugar/carbs.
- Most Halloween candy contains vegetable oils, which are completely toxic for your health.
- Those sweet treats come packed with high fructose corn syrup, which may contribute to metabolic disorders and altered dopamine function.
- Sugar spikes your blood glucose levels, so you get a dopamine hit, which stimulates the reward center of your brain. This is exactly why these toxic sugary products are so addictive.
- Studies have shown that people are more likely to give in to bad habits if they rely on their willpower to avoid temptation. My suggestion, as soon as Halloween is over, you get rid of the extra treats.
- Sometimes, just acknowledging a craving takes away its power over you. Make a list of all of the unhealthy foods and treats you are craving. Writing them down can buy you some time, take the edge off of the craving, and make you think more deeply about the food.
- You’re most likely to cave and eat the Snickers when you feel like you’re missing out. If you’re coming from a Standard American Diet (SAD) and trying to be more healthy, chances are your sugar and carb cravings are still strong. Regular meals, protein at each meal, and lots of water are just 3 ways to curb those cravings.
Healthy Can Taste Good
I’m a huge activist for not depriving myself of the goodness of chocolate. Did you know chocolate has some excellent health benefits? [read more on what to look for in good chocolate]
I will not leave you high and dry tonight. These Chocolate Tahini Cups are not only delicious but nutritious. BOOKMARK THE RECIPE BELOW!