Dark chocolate turtles are by far was my favourite chocolate over the holidays. I would smile at the large turtle boxes filling the store shelves. SO SO GOOD and yes, I did sing out loud “I LOVE TURTLES”.
I am so pleased to share this simple healthier version of the chocolate delight we have all come to love over the years.
|Prep Time||30 Minutes|
- 1 cup Pitted Dates soaked for 10 minutes then drained
- 1/4 cup Pecans whole or halves
- 100 grams Dark Organic Chocolate
- Finely chop the dates or blend in a food processor until sticky.
- With damp hands, roll the dates into small even balls. Press the balls onto a pan lined with parchment paper, and top with pecans, pressing down slightly so that they stick. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a double broiler.
- Using a fork, suspend the frozen dates into the chocolate until fully covered. Remove and let the excess chocolate drip off. Return to the parchment-lined pan and repeat until each date ball is coated with the chocolate.
- Return to the freezer for 10 more minutes to set. Transfer to the fridge until ready to enjoy.
- No Pecans Use hazelnuts, almonds, cashews or pumpkin seeds instead.
- No Dates Use a combination of prunes, dried apricots or raisins instead.
- Storage Refrigerate or freeze in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- Serving Size One serving is equal to one dark chocolate turtle.